Friday 1 April 2011

Changes in Demand

There are several reasons why demand changes throughout our economy.  Different prices, preferences, and income all have an effect on demand for specific products.

It is a known fact that if something is on sale or is being sold at a low price there is going to be more of a demand for that product.  Whenever I see that one of my favorite products is on sale I immediately rush out to buy it.  Earlier today I had heard that gas prices were supposed to go up by a large amount so I made sure to go out and fuel up my car.  While I was at the gas station all of the pumps were being used.  The demand for gas is high right now because people are being told that prices are going up.

Even if prices are low on a specific product, a person won't buy it if they do not like what it is that is being sold.  A person with a low income will spend their money very carefully and wisely and they won't create much of a demand for unnecessary products.

A very effective way to demonstrate the changes in demand is by using a graph.  Graphs can show exactly how price and demand are linked together.


This graph proves that when price is high the demand is low and when price is low the demand is high.

No comments:

Post a Comment